The Junior Membership Scheme helps encourage young people to save and to learn and understand how to manage their money.
The Junior Membership account is for people under 18. The account may be operated in the following ways:
- A Junior Member may be allowed by a parent to operate his/her own account. The parent may set a limit on the maximum amount that can be withdrawn.
- Parents may open an account for their children and agree on the age when the child will take control of the account.
- At the age of 18 the account will be transferred to adult membership status. However, they will not be able to apply for loans or serve on the Board or any Committees until the age of 18.
Young people are able to make deposits through:
- Local schools participating in the schools scheme
- Credit Union offices
- Parents – via direct debit, standing order, payroll deduction or child benefits
Why not enrol your children, grand children, nieces, nephews or any special child in your life as a Junior Member of the Credit Union.
Click here to register to our Junior Membership Scheme.